I remember when my son was in middle school, I made these Frozen Scary Eyeballs for him. Yep he loved them but was concerned he would have to eat them! HA! Nope, he could have if he has wished but not required.
They are kinda creepy huh! And so easy with edible items you may already have in your fridge. I don't freeze them inside ice cubes like some do because I think that round eyeball floating in your favorite beverage is more authentic and freaky. But I do freeze the eyeball since it will stay together easier and actually serve the second purpose of chilling your beverage.
Frozen Scary Eyeballs
- Red Radishes
- Green Olives with Pimentos
1. Cut off the stem and root ends off each radish
2. Use a small knife such as a paring knife to scrape off most of the red skin of each radish and leave just enough red to give the radish a veined appearance.
3. Rinse the radishes
4. Cut the olives in half
5. Either use a very small melon baller or use your knife to carve out a hole in the end of each radish large enough for the 1/2 olive
6. Place a 1/2 olive, cut side out, into the hole
7. Place on an ice tray or any container so the eyeballs stand up and place in freezer. After the eyeballs are frozen, place them in a ziplock freezer bag until ready to use
8. Place either one or two in a glass of your favorite beverage or use several in a punchbowl for for a "chilling" effect!
Powered by Recipage
Other Halloween Fun:
Mummy Hot Dogs
Mummy Hot Dogs