These Antipasto skewers take a little time to assemble, but the visual effect is so worth it! And they are delicious! I started assembling them in a specific order and then just went with it, each one is a little different. My basil garden is really producing right now so this was a great way to enjoy all that lovely basil.
- 1 can of medium Black olives
- 1 packages grape tomatoes
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- 1/4 lb of salami, thinly sliced
- 1 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- cheese tortellini (1/2 package)
- 1- 8oz package of baby mozzarella balls
- Italian salad dressing
- 10 12-inch wooden skewers
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions, drain and rinse with cold water. Place the tortellini in a bowl, coat liberally with Italian dressing. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Place your ingredients in bowls, in the order you wish to assemble the skewers. (tomato, black olive,basil leaves, mozzarella balls, salami slice,green olives, basil leaf, and tortelini (or any order you like)
3. Remove the skewers from the water and begin to place ingredients on skewers, folding basil leaves in half and salami in fourths. Repeat order at least once more
4. After all skewers have been assembled, stack on a dish and liberally sprinkle with additional Italian salad dressing.