Since my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, I am sharing some of my favorite recipes in anticipation of the great event! And you can't talk Thanksgiving Dinner without including great dinner rolls and these classic rolls are great dinner rolls! We also have them for Christmas and Easter Dinner, but don't wait till a holiday to try these babies, they will make any dinner a special occasion!
Great Dinner Rolls
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package regular active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Mix about 2 cups of the flour with the sugar, butter, salt and yeast in a large bowl
2. Add the water, milk and egg and beat on low speed then keep adding flour until dough is easy to handle
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic about 5 minutes
4. Place in a large greased bowl, cover and place in warm place. Let rise until double in size, about 1 hour
5. Punch down dough and shape into 1 inch balls. Place 3 balls in each of 24 greased muffin cups (cupcake pans). Makes about 2 dozen lovely cloverleaf rolls.
6. Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes.
7. Meanwhile heat oven to 400 degrees. Bake until golden brown, about 12 to 18 minutes, brushing with extra butter at the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time.
Powered by Recipage
Great Served with: