Salmon patties are a staple in the South that I grew up in. My mom would make the best salmons patties and I love them. I didn’t realize then of the health benefits of fish, that was the last thing on my mind.
Two of these patties contain more calcium than a glass of milk. And if these salmon patties are served with wild and brown rice and steamed vegetables, it makes them a very healthy meal. And this salmon patty recipe is a great go-to dinner when you have forgotten to thaw meat out that you have in your freezer. We try to keep a couple of cans of pink salmon in the pantry for this awesome dish.
Click Here to Save this Salmon Patty Recipe to Pinterest
How to make The Best Salmon Patties:
We start this Salmon Patty Recipe by opening a couple cans of salmon and removing the skin pieces and most of the bones. I know everyone tells me that the bones are cooked and can be crushed in the patty but I usually pull most of them out.
In a large bowl combine the salmon, eggs, 1 cup of the bread crumbs, onions, celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Scoop up 1/2 cup of the mixture and form into patties.
Place each salmon patty on a parchment lined sheet pan that is sprinkled with breadcrumbs. Place the patty down and then turn them to coat both sides with the breadcrumbs. This salmon patty recipe will make 8 patties.
Heat the butter in a large skillet and fry 4 patties at a time until golden brown. Serve garnished with lemon slices or wedges and sprinkles parsley or thyme.
Other Comfort foods like this Salmon Patty Recipe:
Best Salmon Patties
- Open the cans of salmon and remove the skins and most of the bones and drain off the juice.
- In a large bowl combine salmon, eggs, 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, green onions, celery, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs onto a parchment lined sheet pan
- Scoop up 1/2 cup of the fish mixture and form into a patty, place patty on the pan and turn to coat both sides with breadcrumbs
- Repeat until 8 patties are made
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat cook 4 of the patties in 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil for 8-10 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Serve garnished with lemon wedges and parsley or thyme, optional
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.