I have always loved potato skins but I thought they were just too much work to make at home.
WRONG!!These are so worth the wait, the labor is minimal
- 4 baking potatos
- 6 slices of bacon
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Scrub Potatoes well and rub with olive oil. Place on cookie sheet or baking pan. Sprinkle with kosher salt
4. Bake for about 1 hour until potatoes are soft
5. Meanwhile fry bacon until crisp.
6. When the potatoes are done, remove from the oven and slice in half lengthwise.
7. Allow to cool enough to handle and using a spoon, scoop out the meat of the potato leaving about 1/4 inch of potato.
8. Brush both sides with olive oil and turn upside down on cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 8 minutes then flip, salt and pepper the potato halves and bake for 8-9 minutes.
10. Place cheese in each potato halve and add chopped bacon.
11. Return to oven and bake just long enough for cheese to melt.
12. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of sliced green onions.
Powered by Recipage
Other Super Bowl Favorites