I have always had so much fun with St. Patricks Day, from giving my son green milk to sticking clovers in my girls hair!!
But these Rainbow Cupcakes really take the cake. (pun intended!)
This was a very fun project and I am very happy with these babies and am loving all the bright bold colors! I do believe there is gold at the end of the rainbow!
Rainbow Cupcakes in a Mason Jar
- 1 box of white cake mix
- food coloring
- white frosting (whipped)
- 6 half pint mason jars (jelly jars)
1. Spray the inside of the jars with a spray oil such as Pam and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions.
3. Divide the batter evenly into 5 separate bowls. (about 1/2 cup of batter in each bowl).
4. Add different food color to each of the bowls and mix well to achieve bright bold colors.
3. Carefully drop blobs of the different colored batter into your prepared jars filling about half way.
4. Place jars in a 9 X 13 pan and fill with about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes until done.
6. Remove from oven and water bath and let cool.
7. Once the cupcakes are cool, frost the tops and decorate with St. Paddy's Day decorations or green sprinkles.
Powered by Recipage
Other posts you might enjoy!