It's chile season!!
During my years in New Mexico, I loved this time of the year, the smell of the roasting green chile in the air was just unbelievable delicious! I totally fell in love with green chiles during this time of my life! My family also loves them, especially added to so many of our favorite recipes!!
And since we all love bread so this should be a perfect combination for my family and I bet yours!
Green Chile Cheese Bread
- 6 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 pkgs yeast
- 3 cups of chopped green chile
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/4 cups of warm water. Add milk, butter, salt and sugar. Stir until well blended
2. Sprinkle 3 cups of flour into this mixture, add the green chile and cheese, stir until combined.
3. Add remaining flour to make a soft dough. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise for 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove from bowl and shape into round loafs or put into loaf pans
5. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes
6. Bake at 475 degrees for about 45 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
Other Great Green Chile Recipes: