Baked pastas are just the bomb!! Easy to throw together ahead of time and then pop them in the oven for an quick dinner!! This Alfredo sauce has an amazing flavor, and well worth making it from scratch.
Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti
- 16 ounces of ziti
- 2 1/2 cups of grilled chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves of garlic, chopped very fine
- 7 tablespoons of flour
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
While making the Alfredo Sauce, cook the ziti according to package directions.
Drain the pasta and return to stockpot and cover to keep warm.
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat
2. Add the garlic and saute one minute, stirring occasionally
3. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to combine, continue to stir and cook for 2 minutes to cook the flour
4. Add the chicken broth and whisk until mixture starts to thicken, add milk and continue to cook and whisk until thickened
5. Stir in parmesan cheese, salt and pepper
6. Remove from heat and add chicken
7. Pour mixture over the ziti and gently stir to combine
8. Pour half of the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish
9. Sprinkle evenly with half of the mozzarella cheese, layer the remaining pasta mixture evenly on top and add the remaining cheese evenly over the top of the pasta.
10. Bake uncovered in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes until cheese is melted and the top just starts to turn a golden brown
11. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve!
Powered by Recipage
Other great pastas you might enjoy: