Every Turkey needs to be accompanied by a great cranberry sauce, not the kind that pops out of the can still retaining the shape of the can, no way! We want the kind that is made from fresh cranberries, with a touch of orange and nutmeg! It's easy and so worth the time!
Homemade Cranberry Sauce
- 1 12 oz. package of fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- zest of one orange
- juice of 1/2 an orange
1. Place a package of fresh cranberries in a saucepan
2. Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar
3. Add the zest of 1 orange and the juice of 1/2 an orange
4. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the berries break down and burst, about 10-12 minutes. Finish by crushing any whole berries with a fork.
5. Cool to room temperature before serving or it may be placed in refrigerator
Powered by Recipage
Serving with these Thanksgiving favorites: