My Fellow did, he's been a Dallas Cowboy Fan all his life.
But I love throwing parties and entertaining and since Super Bowl is just the perfect excuse for a party, I have thrown a lot of Super Bowl parties.
During the 90's Dallas was in the Super Bowl 3 times 1993, 1994 and 1996 and I threw Super Bowl parties every time and somewhere in the party atmosphere, I discovered football and loved it and became a huge Dallas Cowboy Fan (who could not enjoy those silver pants!!) Of course it helped because Dallas won all three games.
So Super Bowl is a special time for me and it's almost a holiday in our house (maybe I will live long enough for Dallas to be in another one:).
I have almost an entire recipe box just for Super Bowl and I thought for this week I would share a few with you!
First Up DIP!
There is always a Dip for Super Bowl (and sometimes we invited him to our house, Lol). Seriously the king of Dips is the Seven Layer Dip. It's so yummy and so pretty and there is always plenty for everyone.
Seven Layer Dip
- 1 large can of refried beans
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 16oz container of sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1. Spread beans in a 13 X 9 inch glass pan or dish
2. Peel and smash avocados in a small bowl, add juice from one lime, and just a sprinkle of salt and spread mixture evenly over beans
3. Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and taco seasoning in a mixing bowl, blend well, spread sour cream mixture evenly over avocados.
4. Sprinkle on sliced black olives, chopped tomatoes, grated cheese and sliced green onions.
Powered by Recipage
Serve with tortilla chips and "beverages":)
Other Super Bowl Food you might enjoy!