These Candy Cane Chewy Cookies are just divine, they have the clean taste of peppermint and these cookies are soft and chewy exactly the way a great cookie should be.
They are one of our best cookies, how can you beat a sugar cookie with crushed peppermint baked inside.
Next to the classic chocolate chip cookie, they are on the top of the list for great cookies here at the Ranch.
So grab your rolling pin, mallet or whatever else you have, to start crushing up some candy canes for these lovely treats.
Candy Cane Chewy Cookies
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Prepare cookie sheets with either parchment paper or non stick cooking spray
3. Place candy canes in a zip lock bag and crush using a rolling pin
4. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, whip in vanilla and egg, scraping the sides of the bowl and mixing well
5. In a separate bowl stir flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together, pour into the large bowl and mix carefully until well combined with the butter, sugar, egg mixture
6. Fold in crushed candy cane and mix gently
7. Pour powdered sugar on a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar, place on baking sheets
8. Repeat with remaining dough, placing dough balls far enough apart so they have plenty of room without melting into each other
9. Bake 10-12 minutes until bottoms just start to brown, remove from oven and let cool about 3 minutes prior to moving to cooling rack.
Powered by Recipage
Other Christmas Treats from our Ranch to Yours: