I have a tendency to always serve some form of Queso for any Football or tailgating party.
Don't get me wrong, I love Queso but sometimes I want to be a little different. So this cheesy concoction is a cool spin from the norm and as an added benefit it's made with real cheeses! So add your favorite chips and enjoy!!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pint (16 oz) half and half
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (10 oz) Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chile)
- 4 pickled jalapeños, diced
- chili powder for garnish
- diced green onions for garnish, optional
- tortilla chips and/or fresh vegetables for dipping
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium low heat, add green onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and cumin, cook for 1 minute stirring constantly
3. Slowly add half and half, continuing to stir and bring to a simmer. Remove pan from heat and add cream cheese stirring until melted
4. Return pan to low heat and add cheeses, stirring until melted
5. Stir in Rotel and jalapeños and cook until heated throughly. (Do not boil)
6. Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with chili powder and optional green onions.
7. Serve with tortilla chips and/or veggies
**Note- can be made ahead of time and transferred to a microwavable safe dish, covered with clear wrap and refrigerate. To reheat microwave 3-4 minutes on high heat, stirring once per minute until hot)
Powered by Recipage
Other Super Bowl Favorite Dishes you just might enjoy!
Seven Layer Dip
Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Nachos
Disclaimer: My Turn for us is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com