When school buses start rolling and you can smell a little fall in the air, our favorite coffee shops start selling their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Yep, I love them but at more that $5 a cup (love the venti) I have to restrain myself and keep my pocketbook closed. It's OK to treat yourself occasionally but a coffee shop is inside my favorite grocery store and the temptation is overwhelming.
Anyway, by playing with different blends and different ways to make a homemade latte, I have come up with my favorite cuppa. It's easy and you don't need a fancy latte maker, just grab a clean jar, a mason jar works great and you can have a great Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte in minutes and for pennies!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice (click here for homemade)
- brewed coffee or espresso
- 2/3 cup milk
1. In a large coffee mug, mix honey and pumpkin pie spice until well blended
2. Pour in coffee about 1/2 to 2/3 of the mug, stir to dissolve honey mixture
3. Pour milk in a jar with a lid, a mason jar works great
4. Place lid on jar and shake for about 10-15 seconds very hard until frothy
5. Remove lid and heat in microwave for 10-20 seconds
6. Pour milk into coffee and spoon froth onto top
7. Sprinkle with more pumpkin pie spice